CH46 Sea Knight Mahogany Wood Desktop Helicopter Model
This desktop model is beautifully handcrafted out of reclaimed Mahogany Wood. Each unique piece is handcrafted with intense detail and finished with three coats of polyurethane coating that gives it a high gloss finish. Our desktop models are works of art that take approximately 18 hours of labor to create. If you are a collector or simply want a fine art piece this handcrafted mahogany wood desktop model is sure to enhance your home or office.
Shipping Time 5 to 7 Days
Length: 16-18 inches
Wingspan: 16-18 inches
Height: 3-4 inches
Height with stand: 6-7 inches
* Dimensions may vary depending on the model.
Dimensions may vary depending on the model. We offer over 1,000 aircraft model designs, from military aircraft models to civilian plane replicas. Each of our desktop models is prudently hand-carved out of mahogany wood by our seasoned model builders to bring a faithful scale reproduction of your favorite aircraft. More than mere displays, these models are a reflection of the times, and occasionally, of the personality of their owners. More importantly, they serve as family treasures that could be passed on to the younger generations. You will surely appreciate the craftsmanship and history behind our models. Each model is beautifully handcrafted out of reclaimed Mahogany Wood. Each piece is crafted with intense detail and finished with three coats of polyurethane coating that gives it a high gloss finish. If you are a collector or simply want a fine art piece this mahogany model is sure to enhance your home or office.
WHY OUR MODELS
- Handcrafted by master craftsmen using only the highest grade materials
- Each model is identical to the aircraft's or automobile’s original blueprint
- Our models are a fusion of art and history and a museum quality masterpiece.
- The perfect gift for any aviation enthusiast, history buff, military personnel, Automobile enthusiast, or collector.
- We can custom create any model of your choice.
YOU CAN ADD A CUSTOM PLATE OPTION
If you choose to add a Custom plate with your order; Send us an email after you place your order and provide us with your message with up to 40 characters under 3 lines and we will create a custom brass plate for your model stand. In some cases the plate will ship separately to avoid delays in shipping your model. Some platforms allow you to add the details right from the platform in which case you do not need to send us a separate email.
HOW THEY ARE MADE
Each model is beautifully handcrafted out of reclaimed Mahogany Wood. Each piece is crafted with intense detail and finished with three coats of polyurethane coating that gives it a high gloss finish. If you are a collector or simply want a fine art piece this mahogany model is sure to enhance your home or office. We use leftover wood from the furniture manufacturing industry. No trees are purposely cut for our wooden models. Our wooden desktop models are not always made to a specific scale. They are made so that you can easily fit and display them on your desk or bookcase. Our crafters are highly skilled artists that take great care in making our beautiful replicas to perfection. Due to color variations on the wood we can not guarantee that the color consistency will always be the same. We ship the model semi-assembled and some simple final assembly may be required. The wings for the airplanes and the blades for the helicopters will have to be plugged in but no glue is required. We guarantee our models and if for any reason you are not 100% happy with the wood model you receive let us know and we will send you a replacement right away.
Key Product features
- 100% Handmade out of reclaimed mahogany wood
- There is 30+ hours of work on each model
- Each model is unique. No two models are exactly alike
- Comes finished with high gloss Polyurethane.
- You can add a custom plate with your model
- FOR DOMESTIC ORDERS. We offer FREE shipping within the USA
- FOR INTERNATIONAL ORDERS. Shipping costs for all International orders are estimated on some platforms and your order may include a minimum of $60.00 by default but we will send you a quote upon receiving your order if the cost is higher. In the event that the shipping costs are higher we will invoice you once you have approved the quote. We are NOT responsible for any additional fees that may be incurred by Customs at destination. We urge you to check with your local postal service in your respective country. In the event you do not claim your merchandise and it is returned you will be responsible for the shipping costs and restocking fees and any additional fees incurred while the merchandise gets returned. Please do provide us with a good phone number when you place your international orders in order to include it in the shipping documents.
WE THANK YOU
We thank you for taking the time to view our craft. We are blessed by customers like you who support our small business. From the Master Craftsmen and women that pick the wood and create the wonderful models you see to the people that make it possible for you to view our items on the web. We are grateful and we THANK YOU!. God bless you.
This Ch46 Sea Knight helicopter is beautifully handcrafted out of reclaimed Mahogany Wood. Each piece is crafted with intense detail and finished with three coats of polyurethane coating that gives it a high gloss finish. This fine work of art takes approximately 18 hours of labor to create. If you are a collector or simply want a fine art piece this mahogany model is sure to enhance your home or office.
The Boeing Vertol CH46 Sea Knight is a medium-lift tandem-rotor transport helicopter powered by twin turboshaft engines. It was designed by Vertol and manufactured by Boeing Vertol following Vertol's acquisition by Boeing. Development of the Sea Knight, which was originally designated by the firm as the Vertol Model 107, commenced during 1956. It was envisioned as a successor to the first generation of rotorcraft, such as the H-21 "Flying Banana", that had been powered by piston engines; in its place, the V-107 made use of the emergent turboshaft engine. On 22 April 1958, the V-107 prototype performed its maiden flight. During June 1958, the US Army awarded a contract for the construction of ten production-standard aircraft, designated as the YHC-1A, based on the V-107; this initial order was later cut down to three YHC-1As though. During 1961, the US Marine Corps (USMC), who had been studying its requirements for a medium-lift, twin-turbine cargo/troop assault helicopter, selected Boeing Vertol's Model 107M as the basis from which to manufacture a suitable rotorcraft to meet their needs. Known colloquially as the "Phrog" and formally as the "Sea Knight", it was operated across all US Marine Corps' operational environments between its introduction during the Vietnam War and its frontline retirement during 2014.