IMPORTANT SHIPPING NOTICE:
This model is made to order and takes 10-12 weeks from production to shipping it to you. Once the model is finished we will update your order with tracking. Please allow up to 8 weeks after we update you before the tracking will work as the model will first be transferred to our shop for inspection and repacking before we ship it to you.
Tiger Tank Mahogany Wood Desktop Airplane Model
SKU:TIGERTLength: 16-18 inches
Wingspan: 16-18 inches
Height: 3-4 inches
Height with stand: 6-7 inches
* Dimensions may vary depending on the model.
Dimensions may vary depending on the model. We offer over 1,000 aircraft model designs, from military aircraft models to civilian plane replicas. Each of our desktop models is prudently hand-carved out of mahogany wood by our seasoned model builders to bring a faithful scale reproduction of your favorite aircraft. More than mere displays, these models are a reflection of the times, and occasionally, of the personality of their owners. More importantly, they serve as family treasures that could be passed on to the younger generations. You will surely appreciate the craftsmanship and history behind our models. Each model is beautifully handcrafted out of reclaimed Mahogany Wood. Each piece is crafted with intense detail and finished with three coats of polyurethane coating that gives it a high gloss finish. If you are a collector or simply want a fine art piece this mahogany model is sure to enhance your home or office.
WHY OUR MODELS
- Handcrafted by master craftsmen using only the highest grade materials
- Each product is identical to the plane's or automobile’s original blueprint
- Truly a fusion of art and history, a museum quality masterpiece unmatched by another model producing company on earth
- The perfect gift for any aviation enthusiast, history buff, military personnel, Automobile enthusiast, or collector.
- We can custom make any model of your choice.
ADD CUSTOM PLATE OPTION
If you choose to add a Custom plate with your order; Send us an email after you place your order and provide us with your message with up to 40 characters under 3 lines and we will create a custom brass plate for your model stand. In some cases the plate will ship separately to avoid delays in shipping your model.
HOW THEY ARE MADE
Each model is beautifully handcrafted out of reclaimed Mahogany Wood. Each piece is crafted with intense detail and finished with three coats of polyurethane coating that gives it a high gloss finish. If you are a collector or simply want a fine art piece this mahogany model is sure to enhance your home or office. We use leftover wood from the furniture manufacturing industry. No trees are purposely cut for our wooden models. Our wooden desktop models are not always made to a specific scale. They are made so that you can easily fit and display them on your desk or bookcase. Our crafters are highly skilled artists that take great care in making our beautiful replicas to perfection. Due to color variations on the wood we can not guarantee that the color consistency will always be the same. We ship the model semi-assembled and some simple final assembly may be required. The wings for the airplanes and the blades for the helicopters will have to be plugged in but no glue is required. We guarantee our models and if for any reason you are not 100% happy with the wood model you receive let us know and we will send you a replacement right away.
Key Product features
- 100% Handmade out of reclaimed mahogany wood
- There is 30+ hours of work on each model
- Each model is unique. No two models are exactly alike
- Comes finished with high gloss Polyurethane.
- You can add a custom plate with your model
- FOR DOMESTIC ORDERS. We offer FREE shipping within the USA
- FOR INTERNATIONAL ORDERS. Shipping costs for all International orders are estimated in some platforms and your order may include a minimum of $60.00 by default but we will send you a quote upon receiving your order if the cost is higher. In the event that the shipping costs are higher we will invoice you once you have approved the quote. We are NOT responsible for any additional fees that may be incurred by Customs at destination. We urge you to check with your local postal service in your respective country. In the event you do not claim your merchandise and it is returned you will be responsible for the shipping costs and restocking fees and any additional fees incurred while the merchandise gets returned. Please do provide us with a good phone number when you place your international orders in order to include it in the shipping documents.
WE THANK YOU
We thank you for taking the time to view our craft. We are blessed by customers like you who support our small business. From the Master Craftsmen and women that pick the wood and create the wonderful models you see to the people that make it possible for you to view our items on the web. We are grateful and we THANK YOU!. God bless you.
The Tiger I About this soundlisten (help·info) is a German heavy tank of World War II that was employed from 1942 in Africa and Europe, usually in independent heavy tank battalions. Its final designation was Panzerkampfwagen VI Tiger Ausf. E often shortened to Tiger. The Tiger I gave the German Army its first armoured fighting vehicle that mounted the 8.8 cm KwK 36 gun (derived from the 8.8 cm Flak 36). 1,347 were built between August 1942 and August 1944. After August 1944, production of the Tiger I was phased out in favour of the Tiger II.
While the Tiger I has been called an outstanding design for its time, it was over-engineered, using expensive materials and labour-intensive production methods. The Tiger was prone to certain types of track failures and breakdowns, and was limited in range by its high fuel consumption. It was expensive to maintain, but generally mechanically reliable. It was difficult to transport, and vulnerable to immobilisation when mud, ice, and snow froze between its overlapping and interleaved Schachtellaufwerk-pattern road wheels, often jamming them solid. This was a problem on the Eastern Front in the muddy rasputitsa season and during periods of extreme cold.